Okay, so I thought we moms could share ideas for keeping our toddlers entertained indoors this Winter!!
Today is Wednesday, so it's No TV Day for us. Cam is SO sick of his toys, and if he gets bored, he just whines and hangs on me.
So here are some of my ideas:
1. Bubbles (unfortunately we are out today)
2. Water fun at the sink (still a huge hit)
3. Coloring (Cam is getting pretty good at staying in the lines, for a 2 yr old anyway!)
4. Baking (Cam loves to help with this)
5. Playing with stickers (amazing how long this will ocupy him as well, but be prepared for sticker to be stuck EVERYWHERE!!)
Anyway, I just wanted to hear any more ideas you guys might have. Happy Winter!!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Wanted: Activity Ideas for 2 yr old!!
Posted by Becca Jane at 7:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
He can dress up in his old Halloween costumes. Play doh. Puzzles. Books. Have him act out his favorite movie. My boys used to beg for Madagascar a million times a day until we told them to act it out with their Little People zoo animals. Build a tent with blankets and furniture and serve him a snack or lunch in there or he can color in there or whatever. Hide and Seek. Make special pictures for Grandma and Grandpa. Frame some of his best artwork for your own home. Candyland. Candyland Shapes.
I love that I always have ideas for other people but never myself when I have a question!
We have picnics in our living room on a blanket. The kids love that. My favorite is to clean out the garage and let them ride bikes or play ball in there. The only drawback is you have to have a garage. When we lived in apartments we used to take the kids to a store with a good toy department and let them play. Toys R Us is the best because they have toys out purposefully for kids to play with.
Yeah Bethany, there is a GREAT toy store just down the road that we go to every few weeks for him to play at. That's getting more difficult though cuz they don't have any chairs, so I have to sit on the floor while he plays and that's not very comfortable for me right now, haha!
Love the tent idea!
We baked brownies this morning, YUM! Cam's not a very effective at stirring batter, but he sure felt proud of himself!
I only have Abby for 21 more days (yes, I counted!!) and then after that, we're gonna head up to the zoo 2-3 a week. I LOVE the zoo in the winter cuz even though it's cold, it's EMPTY, and the animals are always out and super active.
There is also a brand new Artic Circle out by Grandma's house with a great playland. I sit there and eat ice cream and Cam plays....absolute bliss!! haha!
I think whitney told me this a few years ago, anyway. get a piece of paper and put little glue dots all over it and let him glue buttons, beans, noodles, whatever to it.
Thanks! We are playing in the sink tomorrow. I like to get out packing boxes and use them as tunnels or throw all the pillows and cushions in the house on the floor and cover them with a blanket for jumping.
Pop bubble wrap.
I will have to check back to this post often. Lots of good ideas!!
Yesterday I made Cam a 'tunnel' out of chairs and blankets. He LOVED it, but the only problem with some of the more physical activities is that if Daddy isn't home, he wants Mommy to run around and crawl on the floor and chase him....I feel bad cuz he doesn't understand WHY Mommy isn't quite physically capable of that right now!!!
It's been so long since I've had a two-year old but one of the things my kids used to enjoy was going to the pet store. To them, it was like going to the zoo, especially if it's a big store like ours. The thing that we made sure we told them before going in the store was that none of the pets could come home with us.
Becca,
Even if it is too cold or wet to play outside you can still get all bundled up (cameron too), stick him in a stroller and go for a walk. When a kid loves the outdoors it is often enough just to be outdoors.
-Erin
I love the zoo in the winter too! People don't understand why until they go with me and we get to see all the animals at their best. One year when Chris and I took Kenzie and Daniel it started snowing and it is my favorite zoo memory. We also go out no matter what. If it's raining and the kids are driving me nuts I send them outside. It's easy to clean up after and they always get a kick out of getting to play in the rain. They love that I actually tell them to go jump in the puddles.
Post a Comment