Well, I'm not sure if I should say that Operation Binkie failed or not.... Last night I went to bed early and had been asleep for about 10 minutes when Cam woke up and was hysterical again. Nate and I had talked to some of our neighbors at church and asked if they had been hearing him. They said they had, and we felt soooo bad! They were nice about it, but nobody wants to hear someone else's kid screaming all night! Anyway, so we decided to just give him his binkie at night. Nate didn't want to lose sleep again last night cuz he has a HUGE test today he needed to get up early and study for, and I can just feel my body getting weaker and more sore since I'm not getting enough rest. We just decided that getting him totally off his binkie at night wasn't worth all the negatives that have been coming out of it!! So I went in and gave him his binkie. He was yelling "Get out, get down", he wanted to get out of his bed. So I handed him his binkie, he layed right down and closed his eyes, and we didn't hear from him for the rest of the night. Crazy!
This morning I went in and took his binkie for the day, he handed it to me with no problem. So overall, I feel like even though he still needs it at night, we've completely weaned him from having it during the day, which is actually sort of a big deal for him. We're only going to let him have it in his bed ONLY, and I don't feel like we've failed. I'm depending on Cameron to keep sleeping well after this baby comes so that I can get as much sleep as possible. I think once we've moved, the baby is old enough to sleep through the night, Cam is moved to a big bed and we don't have any other major changes coming up, then we can maybe try again.
Sorry to drag you all through this with us, thanks for reading! Hope the end result didn't disappoint.... Motherhood is a crazy learning process!!
Monday, November 10, 2008
The Final Result
Posted by Becca Jane at 7:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Getting rid of it during the day is the most important. Who really cares if he's 12 and still sleeps with a binkie? (not that he will!). But walking around and talking with it during the day...that's what gets annoying. So good job.
That's a huge victory! Plus it will be important for him to have something that he feels is stable when you move. Moving is tough for kids. Plus, I think part of the reason Natalie goes to bed so well is because that's the only time she gets her binkie and she's so happy to have it that she never cries. We pop it in her mouth, put her in her bed, and she's out in a couple of minutes. I'm glad you found a good compromise because it didn't sound like he was going to let you win that battle just yet.
Yeah, he took a 2 hour nap today without it, so that's good. Thanks for the encouragement!!
I'd say that was a fair compromise!
MOVE?! When and where? I guess I should be keeping up with blogs a little better... but I'm sure no one blames me right now.
Post a Comment