Friday, November 7, 2008

Binkie Decision

Okay, I talked to Nate this morning, and we decided to try going cold turkey with Cam's binkies. I thought we should wait so he can have that comfort after Allie comes, but Nate pointed out that it would be easier NOW so he wouldn't associate no binkies with the baby (I love how Nate is so good to help with these sorts of parenting issues! Makes me not feel so alone!) So when he woke up, we told him he is a big boy and it's time to say bye-bye to his Binkies and throw them in the garbage. He threw them in the garbage (I was surprised) and said "Binkies all gone." I told him he can have his milk and blanket in his bed now. (Tristan, him being so attached to your blanket might help us with this!!). He's in a great mood, but we'll see how things go in a few hours when it gets closer to naptime and he wants his binkies back! We kept one in case of an emergency.....Abby cries a lot, I'm pregnant and exhausted....if it gets to be too much, I will have to wait, I can't bring more stress on myself right now!!!
WISH US LUCK!!!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

hehehe Good luck!!
I hope it works out for Cam... and you!! =)

Becca Jane said...

He just found another binkie under the fridge and ran right over and threw it away. Good sign! I promised him I'll go get him a Sherriff and a Sally car for being a big boy, and he's VERY excited about that, so hopefully this will go smoother than I anticipated!

Bethany said...

That is a great sign! My kids did periodically ask for things after I had them throw whatever is was away, but I just reminded them that we put them in the garbage and they were all gone now. They seemed to adjust pretty well to that. Good luck, I hope it keeps going so smoothly!

Becca Jane said...

UPDATE: For his nap, he cried for about 25 minutes before he fell asleep, which about killed me. He only slept for about an hour and is crying again.... this is gonna be fun!!! My poor boy...