I had a pre-natal appointment today. I've gained another 6 pounds! Allie's heartbeat was good, and my belly is measuring perfectly. They did say my urine didn't look very good, which they said means I'm not drinking enough water and I'm overworking myself....hmm....does that mean I have permission to stop babysitting now??? I wish!! I just need to lie down more often, I guess! I don't feel like I overwork myself....my apartment is rarely clean, I'm always behind on laundry and dishes, and I'm usually home all day!!! I feel like I'm too lazy most of the time!! So who knows....
My next appt is in 3 weeks, time is ticking away sooo fast!
My sister sent me a few of her baby girl clothes that were still in tact after 3 daughters, and she sent me a gorgeous dress that I've decided to use for Allie's blessing dress. I'm so excited! I've been sort of looking around for something cute, but I'm so glad I waited because this dress is perfect! DeAnn's daughter Karen wore it for her blessing, so they can be matchy cousins! Thanks DeAnn!!
So random question: At what age did you take your kids to the dentist? Nate is renewing our health/dental insurance next week, and we aren't sure if we should put Cam on our dental plan or not. He'll be 3 next summer. I should probably just call our dentist and ask, but I thought I'd ask some of you mommies first!! Plus, if we add him, it's an extra $20/month that will come out of Nate's paycheck, so we want to make sure that it's worth it. I know $20 doesn't seem like much, but hey...that's $20 we could be buying diapers with, right?? :) We brush his teeth pretty regularly, and they look healthy.....so I dunno!! Thanks ladies!
Monday, November 3, 2008
OB Appt
Posted by Becca Jane at 4:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
hmm, I haven't even thought about adding Cameron to our dental insurance! Ugh. I probably should. My cousin starts taking her kids to the dentist when they're 2... but she says they don't really do anything. It's just a VERY simple cleaning--that's it. So I don't know if I would add or not when it's going to be an extra $20 a month... that's a toughie! Sorry, that was no help!! =)
We started taking our kids at 3. My mother-in-law was a dental assistant and she told us that there's really no need to take them before that. You might add him and then if they say his teeth are great, it might be more cost effective to just pay for appointments rather than pay a monthly fee. Check with a few dentists to see what they charge for a regular check up without anything special being done. However, everything that gets done adds up. Flouride, x-rays, etc.
I just read about teethies on little dudes and dudettes! This article said that you should start by cleaning out your babies mouth with just a warm cloth after every feeding. The milk puddles and starts the formation of bacterias, which cause teeth to rot. Then, as soon as they get their first tooth, you should start brushing it. Of course, you wouldn't use toothpaste with floride in it just yet. Then it said once your child has 4 teeth, he/she should start seeing the dentist. It also said that children start getting bad teeth because bacteria transfer. So it said you should not give or let your child share your cup, utensils or anything like that because that is how bacteria gets into your childs' mouth in the first place.
I know it seems kind of extreme, but I am a teeth person. I have HORRIBLE teeth and I want to do what I can so my children don't have to have all fillings in their mouths like I do!! So, just thought I would throw that out there! bahaha!
Everything that I have read states that your child should start seeing the dentist 6 months after the first tooth comes in. For Aiden that will be at 13 months. My pediatrician also confirmed this recommendation at Aiden's last appointment.
I think that my kids were 3 when we started taking them. I think that my dentist likes to see them when they get all their teeth.....that means Georgia will be heading in soon just for a little peak!!! I would call your dentist and see what they say!!! Glad to hear that baby is doing well, and try to take it easy!!
I just talked to a nurse the other day about when to take kids to the dentist and she told me at age one. I didn't take Cambrie until she was one and half and she has been back once since then, they really don't do much, but it probably is a good idea because if there really were something wrong that you could begin correcting now, it would be worth it. Thanks for the recipe tip, we'll have to try it.
Sounds like it's time to get him in....I'm gonna wait until Spring, but we'll probably add him to our insurance. THANKS everyone!!
Our kids were 3 for their first visits. Karen just had her first cleaning last month (and loved it!). I think you could wait another year.
And those clothes I gave you were only Karen's--so they haven't survived 3 kids!
I would like to see a dentist just try to get his fingers in my 1 and 2 year olds mouths! That would be short of a miracle.
Some of those clothes from DeAnn have been through 5 girls--I borrowed a whole bunch of girl things from DeAnn for my two. Yay for hand-me-downs! I love getting lots of use out of cute clothes.
Post a Comment