Saturday, November 15, 2008

31 Weeks

Time is ticking away....!!!

So I think that whoever this Mr. Braxton-Hicks MAN was didn't know what he was talking about when he said "mild" contractions! To quote Rachel from friends: "No uterus? No opinion!!" I didn't start having BH contractions with Cam's pregnancy until I was about 36-37 weeks, and turns out I was dilating!! But THIS pregnancy has been completely different. I have had them the entire time, and they don't feel very good!! One minute I can push on my belly and it's all squishy, and the next it's like a rock! So weird (and painful!).

Other than that, I'm physically feeling about as good as I could hope to be feeling. Other than Cameron STILL waking us up several times a night (seriously, it's getting OLD), I'm sleeping well. I feel like I'm WAY tiny for only have 2 months left. If I tuck a pillow under me, I can still sleep on my stomach!!! And I still have a few non-maternity tops that fit me fine. She is still super active, so I don't worry that she's not growing, it's just weird how different your body can be with 2 pregnancies. I don't have any stretch marks yet either. BUT I know that she will more than double in size in the next 2 months, so I'm not expecting to stay this way!!!

Emotionally I have been sort of a wreck the past few weeks! I think part of it was coming from my being really nervous about teaching my Finance class, because I felt a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders when that was done! BUT I can tell that the overall exhaustion of pregnancy and my nervousness about handling 2 kids is starting to take over!! Not good!! :) Poor Cameron gets the brunt of most of my moodiness, and I'm working on that daily! The past 2 days have been really great though, so I have hopes that it's just the normal pregnancy emotion swings and not me having SERIOUS issues, haha!

I'm still on a baking frenzy...I think I am single-handedly supporting the companies that supply butter, sugar, flour and chocolate chips!! Tonight I'm making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Come get some!!

1 comments:

Heidi said...

Those are my specialty!!!! My sister and niece told me just yesterday they bought some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies from the store and said they don't stand up to mine! Last time I visited I made some and she froze them all! I didn't even get one! (It was only a single batch; I brought a small can of pumkin!) Since then she keeps at least 4 big cans in her cupboard. Every now and then she'll remind me they are still sitting there waiting for me! Don't worry about taking care of 2 kids. You'll find a routine that works. I hope you feel better soon. I have enjoyed talking to you even if it is just over our blogs!