Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bun in the Oven

Normally I don't love to bake. I don't hate it, but I don't usually do it unless I have to. (I HATE cooking, but that's a different issue!). But for some odd reason, during my 3rd trimesters (apparently), I get this sudden urge to bake like crazy! When I was pregnant with Cam, I baked almost every day for the last several weeks. And now I'm doing the same thing! My obsessions right now are Snickerdoodle cake, peanut butter bars and right now there are sugar cookies in the oven. Weird, huh! But it's fun, and I know Nate isn't complaining!!!!! Cameron is having fun with it this time around too. He gets scared when I turn on my mixer, but he loves dumping stuff in the bowl and helping put cookie dough balls on the pans. So cute! (Except now I think he's sneaking dough while I'm not looking....)

I'm excited that the holidays are coming up so I can bake cookies for some of my Christmas gifts this year! I'm actually not very good at baking, but I'm getting better! Hopefully I'll enjoy it enough to keep it up after the baby comes and not stop like I did after I had Cam.

Send any yummy recipes my way!!
These are the cookies I just made and they are GOOD (Nate just walked in the door and ate like 6 of them without stopping!) http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Sugar-Cookies/Detail.aspx?prop31=1

3 comments:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

mmmmm . . . I can smell it already!

Cheryl said...

whatscookintew.blogspot.com has tons of fun, yummy recipes. Tanner loves to cook with me as well, it's so fun to have them as helpers... just watch out for little surprises in the mix... Tanner loves to throw things in the mixer when I'm not looking... Gotta love kids!

Missy said...

I'm not much of a baker...I should probably practice more! I think I'll try that sugar cookie recipe this week!
That made me laugh when you said Cam likes to sneak the cookie dough. So cute!