Friday, November 21, 2008

My Usual Babbling....

I finally remembered to buy baby hangers at Walmart last night. So I have been able to start getting the kids' closet organized. We found out that we are for SURE moving to a 3-bed in May. It still seems really far away (and it is), but we know what apartment we are getting, and it's our first choice as far as location in the complex. It's on the top floor, which will be a pain, but great at the same time. It has a WHITE backsplash instead of our nasty brown flowers, so that right there is worth it, haha! And I like knowing that we will for sure be here for the first 4 months of Allison so now I can plan better. I have been looking around for a changing table, but I think we're gonna just use the one that came with her pack n play for now, and then when we move, I'll put Cam's dresser in Allie's room to use as a changing table and open his room up for all of his toys and hopefully a train table!!! I think when we move, we will try to get Cam moved to a big bed (MAYBE...) and then Allie can start using the crib since she'll be old enough to start sleeping through the night and on a nap schedule. We technically don't need 3 bedrooms until then anyway, so we're happy to save our money and be crammed in here a little longer!! I'm sure you all care sooo much about all of this, haha!

So random question: Cam feels a tad warm to me, and the only thermometer I have is his bum one from when he was a baby. I've seen the ear ones in the store, but I'm not sure if they are worth buying? I know he's old enough for an ear one, but at the same time, I don't want to waste my money. What do you all use to take your toddler's temps with??

Another question: Any specific brand or kind of baby monitor you recommend? I never had one with Cam, but I am getting one for this baby so Cam and I can go play outside while she's napping. The problem is that SO many people live around here and have babies and monitors, so the frequencies get all jumbled easily.

Wow, I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow! I'm starting to get uncomfortable at night. Luckily Cam is sleeping all night again, so it's not as bad, but I'm still awake a lot. I've been having really painful BH contractions still, so I'm hoping everything is still going okay! I've been trying to rest as much as possible. Cameron and Abby have suddenly become best buddies and entertain each other SOO well when they are both awake. It's been such a relief because usually I was breaking up their fighting, and disciplining Cam for bullying her, and it was wearing me out! Now I just lie on the sofa while they play! Thanks kids!! :)

5 comments:

Robyn said...

I really like the ear thermometers, and my kids don't mind them. There is this new thermometer that just rolls over the forehead--might be the best idea yet.

Bethany said...

I have a thermometer that Chris got at Wal-mart that you can put in the ear or on the forehead. I always just use it on the forehead because it tends to run a little warm when I check temps in the ear. On the forehead is spot on though. (I tested it on myself.) The brand is Mobi. I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only mom who has a two-year-old who likes to bully babies. Josh is getting better with Sammy, but when I first started watching him, he was so mean to him. It figures that we're finally getting things with Sammy settled and I'm only watching him until the 15th of December. But I'll be glad to have my days back to just my 4 kids.

Becca Jane said...

Yeah, I just talked to Cam's pediatrician office and they said the forehead ones are totally reliable. How great is that! Much better than up his bum, haha!
Yeah, I only have Abby until Dec 19, and I'm literally counting down the days! Cam was WAY mean to her the past several months, but he's gotten a lot better. We'll see what happens with his sister shows up! I think he'll be sweet with her, and hopefully by the time she's old enough to realize he's there, he'll be old enough to know to be nice!

DeAnn said...

I'll have to get a forehead one.
Cam will be ready for a baby sister--he's had so much exposure to other kids.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

I use my hand! Get a video baby monitor. I love mine. You can see if your baby is asleep or choking on her toes or whatever. The brand I got is Summer. I got it from Babies R Us.