Wow, there's a '3' in front of my weekly number now! CRAZY!! Less than 10 weeks now!!
The Binkie War rages on....he does GREAT during the day and goes down for naps and bed with no crying at all. He just can't STAY asleep. It's so sad to listen to him, so we'll see what happens. Nate is going to give him a blessing tonight, and I'm really hoping that after a few more nights, he'll just stop fighting it and sleep all night again. If NOT, then obviously we'll just wait until he's more ready to give them up. I can't lose sleep like this right before a baby is coming!!!!! He's not even 2 1/2 yet...it's not like he's 5 and still can't sleep without a binkie!! If he's not over this in another few nights, then I will wait and try again after Allie is born and we are all adjusted and moved into our new apartment and such. I can't handle being up with BOTH kids!!!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
30 Weeks!
Posted by Becca Jane at 10:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I think that's a great plan! Good luck in the next few days, but like you said, it's not like he's 5!! My Cam still takes a bink to bed too, I don't think there's a big problem with it....
I hope he can adjust soon. It would be nice to have the transition over with. Natalie was 3 before we took her binkie away. She traded it for a horse. I still say she's never been the same since!
Yeah, I think maybe only letting him have it IN HIS BED ONLY might be a good solution. We'll see though, I'm still trying to hope for the best!
A suggestion for the new baby...give her a paci only at nap and bedtime. Natalie has been one of those babies that just needed to suck from the beginning, but once she was eating solid food I started only giving her the binkie in her bed. We do take one with us when we go places, but she rarely sucks on it unless she's really tired. And at night she never starts crying if she can't find it because she's not completely attached to it. I wish I had done that with McKenzie. It would have made the transition so much easier. I didn't have to worry about it with the boys because they didn't take them. I hope things get easier!
Post a Comment