Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Planned vs Unplanned

That's crazy how my poll turned out! Guess they should label birth control as "50% effective" huh! JK!
This baby was VERY planned. I wasn't remotely ready for a 2nd baby for the first 18 months of Cam's life, but in February, it hit me like a ton of bricks....just that feeling that it was time to add to our family. Nate said that he was feeling the same way. So we prayed and thought about it for a few weeks, and the decision was final. I got my IUD taken out in April, and 2 weeks later....BAM, here's baby!! :) We feel very blessed.
When people ask me if Cameron was planned, I'm not always sure whether to say yes or no. Here's the story: We got married in February, and by September, I was VERY ready for a baby. I was tired of working full-time, I didn't necessarily want to go back to school since Nate was in school, and I just felt like at 25, it was time to become a mom. So we started trying in September, and nothing happened. No big deal, we weren't in a hurry. But in October, we started seriously house-hunting. Nate and I talked and decided that the financial stress of buying a home AND having a baby at the same time would be a bit too much on our newlywed bank account! So we decided to get into a home and wait 6 months or a year for the baby. Well, turns out we should have had that conversation a little bit sooner cuz it was too late!! On the exact same day that the offer on our house was accepted, we got the positive pregnancy test!! Funny how things work sometimes! And obviously financially everything worked out, and we wouldn't trade in our little Cam dude for anything!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Both of mine weren't exactly planned... Cameron was wanted (we'd been trying for ohhhh a year) but nothing happened and we figured that Heavenly Father would send them when it was ready... about 2 months later I found out I was pregnant with Cam and we were thrilled!
Carsen on the other hand..... was a HUGE surprise. I didn't even take a pregnancy test until I was 7 weeks along because I thought there was NO way I could be pregnant. We were not ready for another baby--but I'm sure glad that someone else is in charge in that department because we wouldn't trade Carsen for anything. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father knows what we need and we are not in complete control!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

"They should put that on the box!!!!" - Ross when he found out Rachel was pregnant.

It's amazing how Heavenly Father is in charge and He knows when we need our kids to come.

You know my story - Gavin took 6 weeks. I needed him in the summer so I could more easily finish out the school year. Parker took 3 weeks when I thought it would take months (I don't know why I thought that!) He came when we needed him to come but we didn't realize it at the time. And with Gwen I wanted to have one more period and then start trying. I never had that period. I took a pregnancy test when I was 5 1/2 weeks along and I only took the test because of strange cramps. I did not think I was pregnant at all! In fact, most of the pregnancy I didn't feel pregnant at all.

She gave us faith that Heavenly Father was watching out for us when we moved to California and 2 buyers on our house in Utah backed out at the last second. Money was tight but we thought if Heavenly Father wants us to have this baby even though we were trying to prevent pregnancy then He will take care of us financially. He did.

Bethany said...

My girls were not planned, but both of my boys were. However, with Natalie I just had a feeling that we would have another baby before Joshua was two. I pretty much told the Lord, OK, whenever you're ready I'm ready. I didn't realize how soon that would be, but I'm always grateful that our little Natalie came when she did. Sometimes it's really hard having two so close together, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It teaches Joshua that he does have to share me, and that the world does not revolve around him. And they just love each other so much. I hope they're best friends like my brother and me were.

Anonymous said...

With Ethan I was on two methods of birth control so he was obviously meant to enter this world at a particular time! I nearly died when i took the test and it was positive. Shock soon turned to excitement though...we had gotten married the end of May and were pregnant five months later. this time it was weird because everything had been messed up with me since having Ethan so the OB decided to put me on chlomid to get me to ovulate. Well it worked!!