Well, I have some good news. I'm now into my 15th week of pregnancy, and I'm starting to get some energy back! I am still pretty tired by the evening, but I atleast feel like I can get some things done during the day now.
Here are some of my projects I am trying to get working on:
1. Organize my clothes....pack up things that don't fit right now and replace them with my maternity clothes.
2. Organize Cam's clothes. His drawers are still full of his Winter clothes. Most of his Winter stuff is size 24 mo/2T, so I'm hoping he can still wear them this coming Winter too. I just need to clean out his clothes that are too small (for cousin Isaac!) and make room so each child will get three drawers in the dresser.
3. Organize our filing cabinet/desk. I have no idea how we have SO much paperwork around our house! I have our filing cabinet all organized into files for everything, but I'm really bad about keeping stuff filed. I get these HUGE piles of papers that need to be sorted. They drive me nuts, I wish our desk was bigger so I could have room to put some paper dividers or baskets.
4. Organize Cam's toys. I need to box up the toys he doesn't play with and save them for Baby.
5. Re-decorate kitchen/dining area. I want to find a cute rug, get a smaller table and get a little pantry cupboard.
I hate how cramped this apartment is. There is not a lot of storage space, so anytime I box up something, I have to haul it down to my parent's house in Salem. But in order to make room for another baby around here, some things are going to have to go! ALL of Cameron's baby stuff is in Salem (or Glenwood). Cameron's closet is full of our Christmas decorations/tree/ornaments, so I think that will all have to go too.
I'm anxious to find out what this baby is so that I can complete the kids' room. If it's a girl, we will do something like ladybugs on her half so that it doesn't clash with Cameron's red/blue sports theme. And if it's a boy, then I'll just continue that onto the other side of the room. I'm for SURE going to get Baby's name in these letters: http://www.letter-creations.com/. I LOVE Cameron's name in these!! This girl was fabulous to work with, I highly recommend her!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Some Energy.....Some Projects!!
Posted by Becca Jane at 8:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hey,
I wanted to have Aiden's name on his wall and so I browsed around for letter's online. As I did a bit of sticker shock occured. Six dollars a letter times five letters, $30.00 for his name? Uh, just a little expensive for my taste. So, I went to Joann Fabric and crafts (the big one on 5300 So. and Redwood rd.) and bought plain wood letters for $1.00a piece (they were on sale and are normally $2.00 a piece) along with some ribbon and paint that I liked and decorated my own letters. I just painted them solid creme and used a baby blue ribbon but, with some hodge podge and cute paper you could easily have any pattern you want or if you are a skilled painter then you could paint the letter however you want. (This also allows for a little bit creativity and uniquenessin the lettering.) Just thought you might be interested in this money saving tip. I hope that you are having a good day. :)
-Erin
Erin,
TOTALLY the way to go....I'm impressed!! I'm just seriously the LEAST crafty person on the planet, and I knew if I tried to make them myself, that it would turn into a negative experience....just like scrapbooking did! I'll just have to give this baby a MUCH shorter name.... :) Or maybe I'll hire you to help me!
Glad to hear that you are getting your energy back! Always a good thing! Things are pretty crazy for us too the next little while. Let me know when things settle down for you and we'll try and plan something. I have Cameron's pictures... I need to get those to you as well.
I looked at the website and was almost tempted but the price was steep for me too. I'm not crafty like that either so I would have done it except that I had planned months ago to have my mother in law print the letters on vinyl from her Cricut. (This way I only pay for the vinyl and I can get all 3 kids' names done - 18 letters total.) I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with scrapbooking. I feel partially to blame since it never really worked out for us to scrap together. Enjoy your energy!
I have a mini pantry cupbaord that we have used in our aparentment that is really nice and in great shape. I would possibly be willing to sell it for pretty cheap. If you are interested just let em know I can email you pics. Send me an email K?
Post a Comment