Saturday, July 26, 2008

One downside of pregnancy......

I have noticed quite a few differences between this pregnancy and Cam's, but I think that the biggest difference would have to be how AWFUL smells are to me. It's driving me CRAZY!!! I don't remember ever noticing smells as much as I do right now. I can smell our garbage all the time, that wretched hand sanitizer is still making me gag......and the latest offender......(this is SO sad)......Nate's cologne!!!!!!!!! That sad thing is that I LOVE his cologne. Usually when he puts it on, I want to attack his neck. But lately, the smell of his cologne has been making me gag. I can smell it across the room, and poor Nate has been wondering why he's not getting his usual hugs and kisses lately (Lesley, keep your mouth SHUT....!!!!!). I feel like the worst wife EVER right now.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

When I was pregnant with Collin I almost threw up every time I opened the pantry door. I don't know what it was I was smelling but it was bad. I don't remember the smell bothering me when I was pregnant with Ryan though. Gotta love Pregnancy!

Let the party begin... said...

My lips are sealed, except the odd giggle coming out. I think he needs to rethink his strategy, like a new scent, no scent, or maybe his own manly scent, lol. You poor thing. I hated the smell of onions and garlic and I had a girl. My sister couldn't stand the smell of her husband or the smell of her house and she had a girl too. I wonder...hmmmm!!!!! This lasted till the last month of her pregnancy.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

A lot of my memories are associated with smells so I thought it was interesting that almost a month ago the smell of my house reminded me of when we moved in a year before and it kind of made me a little sick to my stomach because that was also when I found out I was pregnant!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't stand the smell of any food or any kind of dish soap! what a sin about the cologne!! I am sure it will be fine soon though!!

Bethany said...

I couldn't stand the smell of Chris with a couple of my pregnancies. It was so sad. I never told him of course. I also could always smell our garbage disposal. No matter what I did to it the smell made me sick. And I could smell it from across the room. I thought it was always going to smell, but after I had my babies the smell went away.

Becca Jane said...

Well, I talked to Nate and he understood, although he pretended to be totally offended at first! He said he has noticed me commenting more about the garbage and says he can't smell anything! He's pretty sweet about going along with my pregnancy "issues" such as this! So he has just been not wearing his cologne if he's going to be around me most of the day, and that's helping!!

Robyn said...

The same thing happened to me when i was pregnant with Hannah--it was our first year of marriage, and I had bought the cologne for him! When I finally told him, he said he was only wearing it because I gave it to him...he didn't like it either! He used to cook for me, too, when I was sick and pregnant, but the smell of his cooking would make it worse. So sad!