Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Quick, Easy, Healthy, Inexpensive Meal Ideas???

Since those of you who read this blog are moms with busy lives, busy kids & probably not rich, I am wondering what some of your favorite busy weeknight meals are. I'm always up for new ideas. Especially if they are inexpensive and easy! I am starting to enjoy cooking a little more than I used to, but since I don't have a dishwasher, I try not to cook meals that are too complicated because complicated usually results in lots of dishes!!
We eat a LOT of rice and pasta. My newest favorite snack is to make pasta and toss it with butter, garlic, s&p, & Parmesan cheese. SO unhealthy, but I don't care, it's so good! And I'm all about the crockpot. The problem is it usually makes too much food for just the 3 of us. I'm just getting tired of trying to come up with ideas, so I'll let you guys help me out! So anyway, let me know some of your favorite recipes.

6 comments:

Becca Jane said...

I seriously have NO idea why I posted this on the Baby blog....I swear the "ditziness" that comes with pregnancy is hitting me nice and hard this time! I had it bad with Cam too though. Nate STILL cracks up...one time right at the end of Cam's pregnancy, I took a carton of milk that still had a few inches of milk left and just dumped it down the sink. He was like "Uh, what are you doing? That's perfectly good milk!!" I seriously didn't even realize what I was doing. Now, everytime there is a little bit of milk left, he teases me, "Okay, now don't dump this out....I promise we'll use it."

Bethany said...

That's OK. I call it mom brain and I find that it doesn't get much better until my babies are about 1-2 years. So I've had that problem now for 3 years. Here's my fav crockpot recipe.
I put 1 frozen chicken breast in for each person eating. Then I dump a bottle of my favorite bbq sauce on it and let it cook all day. Right before we eat I cook up some egg noodles. SO GOOD! You can also do rice or baked potatoes or something.

Cheryl said...

whatscookintew.blogspot.com

It's my cooking blog where a bunch of my friends post good recipes that are usually fast and easy. Check it out, and I'd love to have any of you join to post recipes as well. Let me know if you want me to add you to post on it.

Becca Jane said...

By the way Bethany, we celebrate "half birthdays" too! Cameron and I get a new book on our half birthdays, and Nate gets a new video game! Makes it fun!

Let the party begin... said...

I have a simple recipe that takes as long as it takes to cook the pasta. While penne pasta is cooking, either slice or mash some sundried tomato sausages and fry it up(to mash it you'll have to peel off the casing). Put in a can or two of Campbells's tomato soup with basil and oregano, depending on how much sausage you use. Do not add water to the soup! Add your cooked pasta and parmesan cheese and voila!

Becca Jane said...

Does anyone have a good stir fry or fried rice recipe?