Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Cameron's Birthday Party Plans

So this post isn't about the baby, but Cameron will always be my baby, so am going to write about him on this blog too.

So I am planning a little party for his birthday, which is in ONE WEEK!! I am keeping it VERY simple again, like I did last year. I don't want to plan this huge ordeal for a kid who doesn't even really know what a birthday is! Last year I made 2 cakes (from a box), we opened some gifts and just visited. This year will pretty much be the same. We're having some family and friends over. The kids can play out on the playground, and the adults can sit in the air-conditioned apartment. It's been really hot lately. I think this year I am going to make these:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Peanut-Butter-Cup-Cupcakes/Detail.aspx

I can't wait! I think I will make them this weekend too, to test them out, of course!! :)

But I also want to do a chocolate cupcake too. I thought cupcakes would be fun this time. So does anyone have a good chocolate cupcake recipe? I've also thought about making them from a cake box, but maybe putting Oreos or something in the batter too! How YUM would that be!!

Next year for his 3rd birthday, I will finally take the time, energy & money to go all out for a themed party. I will probably do either a sports theme (this kid is OBSESSED with soccer and basketball. We just raised his hoop up to 4 feet and he swishes them like no tomorrow!!!) or maybe a Disney CARS theme, or maybe a Legoes theme. I found a cute idea to make a Legoes cake.
(Okay, WEIRD! I pulled this off the internet and it just "happens" to say Happy Birthday Cameron on it! It's a sign!! This cake looks so nice though, I HIGHLY doubt my attempt would turn out like this!!!)


I want my children to have fun birthday parties growing up like I did, but I'm definitely not going to start them until they are old enough to care!! We keep telling Cameron his birthday is coming up and that he will be TWO, but he doesn't care.

So now lets hear about all of your kids' fun birthday parties!!!!

7 comments:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Gavin is spending his 5th birthday with Cameron! We're thinking of doing a combined Gavin and Parker birthday party later this month. We want to go to the park by our house and invite the kids in the neighborhood (3 girls) and the kids in their Primary and Nursery classes. That's all the planning we've done so far.

The boys have been talking about a birthday party for a year now!!! They tell us almost daily what they want on their cakes and everything. Silly kids.

Parker is getting so excited for his birthday because I told him I would potty train him after his birthday. Today he was saying, "I get to poop and pee in the potty after my birthday!" Here's hoping the anticipation I've built up for him will make the process more successful. Good luck to me right!

Bethany said...

For McKenzie's 6th birthday my friend and I did a combined princess tea party for our girls. Their birthdays are only a week apart, so we thought it would be fun to combine. The girls loved it and all the little princesses looked so cute and we sent them all home with a major sugar rush. Last year for Daniel's 1/2 birthday (his b-day is Christmas day) we did a sports theme and bought a pinata and everything. It was a total success. There's this place down the street from us with a huge indoor jungle gym. You can rent the entire place for $80 so I think we might do that for Kenzie's 8th this year.

Becca Jane said...

Yay Tristan! I can't wait to see you on Saturday! Is Gavin's birthday on the 5th? I couldn't remember the dates for him and Parker. I wanna say Parker's is the 16th?? Cuz that was my due date for Cam. Anyway, give me a few ideas on a gift for them....I'm clueless on what to get kids that are any older than Cameron!

Anonymous said...

We did CARS for Ethan`s first birthday but it wasn`t huge either. I am going to wait to do a big birthday. Just fam for now

Jenn said...

We have only done small parties so far...
Cameron's first birthday we just did cupcakes and had a little lunch with family at a park. For his second birthday I made a Lightening McQueen cake (pictures on my blog) and he had a Cars birthday theme but it was still very small and we only had family over. He knew what was going on though because we'd been talking about it and he had actually picked out his cake and a few other things... he's not your average two year old....

Becca Jane said...

You're right Jenn, your Cam is WAY mature for his age, I think! He just stayed by you guys at that restaurant while our Cam was out of control!

Let the party begin... said...

Since my husband served his mission in Hawaii. One of the traditions there was to have a huge celebration for the first birthday. In the old days, many children use to die before their 1st birthday so anyone who survived was really celebrated. We have done that with all our kids and of course on their special day that they turn the same age as their birth date. We also celebrate sweet sixteens as well. In between, we have just family gatherings. By the way, I love the cake! Where was that when I was making my kids' cakes? I wonder if it's too late to bake it for a 9 or 11 yr old.