Well ladies, this is my last baby babble post for a week or two, I will miss you!! :)
Anyway, so let's talk maternity clothes!! I think it's annoying that you have to buy a whole new wardrobe when you are prego, and then it's pointless once you shrink back down after baby comes! Atleast maternity clothes are CUTER THAN EVER lately! I have always shared maternity clothes with my sister, DeAnn. We are the same size and have the same taste. So when I got prego with Cam, she mailed me all of her clothes. I used what I wanted, tossed what I didn't, and bought some new stuff. She got pregnant with Isaac when Cam was about 5 months old, so I sent her everything. Same thing, she wore what she wanted, tossed what was too trashed, and bought some new cute stuff. Needless to say, I got 2 HUGE boxes of maternity clothes in the mail when I told her I was prego! Yay! It works out perfectly and saves us both a lot of money! DeAnn says she's done though, so I'll just keep everything for Baby 3 now.
I might have to buy a few Winter things since both Cam and Isaac were summer babies, so most everything that is still cute and wearable is for summer.
So anyway, I think panel pants are the most UNCOMFORTABLE thing ever:
They always dug into my belly when I tried to wear them. Do any of you like them? So now every single pair of my maternity jeans and pants are like these: they sit just under the belly. MUCH better!! (these pants are too cute, by the way, I want them! But I already have like 8 pair of maternity pants thanks to me and DeAnn, so I can't go buy more!)
I WANT THIS SKIRT!!!!!! Despite the panel-ness of it. I might have to splurge. I wish I could find this skirt in "non-maternity" so I could just have it forever! SO CUTE!
At the very end of my pregnancy with Cameron, I wore the same 3 outfits every day! It all came down to comfort at the end! I have these fabulous black pants that feel like pj pants, but they look really nice too, so I just lived in those. I was working full-time, so I just told the staff to not make fun of me, and I promised I did laundry often!! :) Atleast with this baby it won't be smack dab in the middle of summer, so hopefully I won't be quite as uncomfortable at the very end. Although honestly, I think it probably doesn't remotely matter what time of year it is....not much keeps you comfortable at the end!!!!

12 comments:
I love how you say you've "always" shared maternity clothes with your sister, as if you've worn maternity clothes more than just Cameron's pregnancy! I love you Becca :)
This makes me weird I know but as uncomfortable as the panel style pants and skirts are, I preferred them. I liked the band style that sits below the belly when I was still small but the band would curl under when I got really big and my pants would fall down a little. I was constantly hiking them up. But I loved those pants after Gwen was born because they fit over my post baby belly but I had plenty of room to breathe and recover from surgery.
That skirt you showed doesn't look like the panel is as "grandpa pants" as you think. You should try it on because they have tons of different styles of panels and bands now and some panels go right under your boobs and some aren't as high.
I hate the in between stage in pregnancy when you start to get big but maternity is too big and your regular clothes are too small. I also hate the in between stage after baby is born where maternity is too big and you look like a deflated balloon and your regular clothes are too tight.
Oh but Tristan, I have always worn maternity clothes with all of my past "love children" I had as a teenager. Cameron really has 7 siblings, didn't you know?
Yeah, I hate that in-between phase too...I'm in it right NOW! Luckily most of my tops still fit and are long enough to cover the bagginess that's going on with my pants right now!! We should design some "in-between" maternity clothes and get rich!
I hear you on the maternity clothes. I varied in size with all my babies as they were so big and sometimes things I wore for one didn't fit me with the next. When I was prego with Miss G , I bought some jeans and a denim skirt that were called before and after.....they are amazing!!! I hated those belly panels too but like the belly style of the jeans you have on your blog instead of the low ones....... so frustrating it all is......I love that skirt....too cute!!!
becca you crack me up!
That skirt is SOOOOO cute. I LOVE it!!! Those pants that sit just under the belly are all I wore... I had like 4 pairs I](different colors and styles) and just wore different tshirts or maternity blouses (mostly tshirts though)
i love those pants, i am not a panel fan. Most of mine are before and after and from the front they look like regular pants, it's the back that is more elastic.
You must not have had the right kind of panel pants. The ones I had were so comfy. Plus I can't wear the pants that fit under the belly because they always fell down. Only up until I was about 4-5 months could I wear them, and they just drove me nuts how many times I had to pull the back up over my bum. Luckily the friend I share clothes with is the same shape as me and we have the same taste in clothes. I even went with her during her last pregnancy to help her pick out some new clothes. She accused me of saying I really liked how things looked on her because I knew I would be wearing them next! :)
Hey everyone, just so you know, I got weighed at my WIC appt today, and I've gained a whopping 3 pounds!! Yay! They said I'm "right on track"....and I am now out of the "underweight" category!!
I don't always check comments this many times in the day but you will always be underweight. You're a "skinny mini!" You probably gain enough weight when you're pregnant to be the size of a normal person!!!!
I liked the panel pants at the end--but for my first two pregnancies that's all there was so maybe I just got used to it. Go buy those pants! And the skirt. I always wanted a cute denim skirt but never found one.
And what you meant is that we've always shared clothes (not just maternity clothes)! \''/
I'm with you, Bec: the panel really dug into my belly especially near the end. Unfortunately, the cutest pair of maternity pants I had were the panel kind so I wore them anyway cuz they were so cute (and I refused to spend a lot of money on maternity clothes).
Post a Comment