Wow, this pregnancy is almost half over! I can't believe it!
Anyway, I don't have time to write much, but I read this funny baby naming tip online:
"One of the best tests for a baby name is to yell it out loud, preferably at a playground. If you feel uncomfortable saying the name in that setting, it might not be the best choice."
So for those of you who live around here, don't be surprised to hear me yelling random names on the playground!! haha!! Actually I've already tested out several boy names on Cameron!
So instead of doing a poll, I'll just post a few fun questions on here that you can answer in comments if you want:
1. Have you ever regretted giving your child the name you did? I have a friend who actually told me that she hates both of her son's names. She said she just didn't know what else to choose, so she let her hubby choose. Sad, huh!
2. Did you ever agree to a name simply because your man wouldn't back down? Or vice versa....were you ever SO set on a name that you forced it even though your husband wasn't on board?
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Baby Names
Posted by Becca Jane at 6:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
That is a good test for sure....it would be funny to see you yelling random names. I must say that I like all the names we gave our kids......nothing too out there and nothing stupid sounding. We won't even go there......good luck on narrowing down your choices....it will be a little easier once you know what you are having!!! Chat soon!!
I love my kids' names. But a funny this is that Natalie means Christmas child and then two years later Megan was born on Christmas. OLIVER! MILES! Hmmm...
One name that Heath and I thought about was Rory. We both really like the name but I can't actually pronounce it out loud. Too many r's and I sometimes have trouble with r's and l's! How sad am I?
Heath named Gavin and Parker. We had a list that we both had agreed on. But when the boys were born he ended up making the final decision. I love both of those names. I made the final decision on Gwen's name. In the end it was because of her middle name that she became a Gwen. You know the story.
Tristan, you're funny! I can't really say that name either!!
Nate suggested Cam's name, and the second he said it, I was hooked. We didn't even discuss any other boy names.
With this baby, we pretty much have 2 boy names and 2 girl names that we love, so we'll see!
Carsen's real first name is John... and that makes me physically ILL, still to this very day. I try not to think about it.... grrrr Since I was hurtfully giving in to John's obsession with passing down the family name of John as a first name... I gave him absolutely no choice as to what I chose for his middle name and the name he would always go by! I'm horrible I know, but I don't care!
Cameron's name just came to me in a dream or something after we had been debating for a month or so... I never thought about it again... I knew at that moment that that was his name!
I love my kids names....but I think they sound too much a like! I always mess them up! But I still don't think I would have named them anything different if I could go back!
Another thing that has been bothering me is how many Riley's there are! Holy Cow! Before we had Riley, I didn't know of anyone with that name. Now I hear that name ALL the time! There is another Riley Taylor in our ward and another Riley in her preschool class! Crazy!
I like all my kids' names. When I named them I chose names that were not as popular and now it seems they have become real popular. We both had to agree on the names or else we just kept looking. When we had Raven, she went nameless for 2 weeks, even though we had a 35,000 name book.
We had agreed to name our first boy David, but about a month before he was due, my sister-in-law, who was also pregnant, said she wanted to use the name, too. I was pregnant and moody, so I got really upset (I thought it would be too weird for two cousins born two weeks apart to have the same name), so we changed it to Nathan (which I actually like better) and my sister-in-law ended up having a girl.
Post a Comment