So for years and years, I've always wanted to name my first baby girl Katelyn. Kate has been my favorite girl's name for the longest time. When Nate and I were dating, we talked about that name, and it was pretty much set. The whole time I was pregnant with Cam, before we found out he was a boy, we were always like "Are you Kate or Cameron?". And same with this baby. The second we found out I was pregnant, it started again, "Do you think Katelyn's in there?" (Or Kater, as Nate called her....he likes to put an "er" on the end of everything.....this is why I call him Nater!)
But it's weird....right when we found out she was a girl, I just didn't feel as excited as I thought I'd be to name her Katelyn. I still love the name to peices, but I don't think this baby girl is our Kater! So we've decided on a different name (her middle name is still in discussion), and I am SOOOO excited! When I call her this name, I just feel very happy, and for whatever reason, it just fits! Chances are that if we have another girl, she'll be Kate, but this baby is just not!
Now I can't wait to meet her! She's going to be really cool, I think!! haha! I just really think she's going to be special. Last night I was watching the Relief Socity General Meeting (so good!) and I kept thinking that maybe she'll be General RS, YW or Primary President or something like that! I hope and pray that she (and Cam and our other children) will serve a mission. My mission was such an amazing experience, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love picturing what our children are destined for in this Church. So now Nate and I just have to do our absolute best to provide a home that is a "sacred and safe haven" in this scary world! I'm grateful that this baby girl will have Cameron for a big brother to help keep her safe. He is such a sweetheart, and his little spirit is already growing. He LOVES to pray (kido....one of the few Korean words we've taught him), and sometimes, he is the one to remind US to pray before dinner! He loves the temple, going to Church and pointing out every picture of Jesus and the prophets and apostles that he sees. I'm so grateful that he will be the oldest sibling to be such a great example for his little brothers/sisters just like my oldest brother was for me!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Special Girl
Posted by Becca Jane at 10:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I happen to love the new name and can't wait to see her. It's a difficult world we live in but having an early start in living the gospel is the best way to help us through these difficult times. It doesn't mean things will always be rosy but it sure anchors us. Children absorb the gospel principles like a sponge, especially at such a young age and Cameron no doubt is blessed to have two strong members as yourselves.
Did I miss something?? What's the chosen name???
OK....who is voting on my polls and not leaving comments??? :)
Jenn, you totally missed it, didn't see her name in the HUGE red letters? JK, I didn't post her name cuz until she's born, I don't want to announce it just in case we change our minds when we see her. You never know!
I'm excited to meet your cute little girl too.
Post a Comment