Sunday, September 14, 2008

I Love My Girl

This baby girl is SUCH an active baby! I'm starting to learn her wake/sleep routine, and so far, it's the exact same as Cam's. A few brief kicks during the day, but once we hit about 8:30 pm....BAM, it's a party in my uterus!! Cameron goes to bed at 7, and Nate is usually busy with homework or watching something lame on TV, so I love to just relax and enjoy "bonding" with Baby. I could sit and watch my tummy bounce around for HOURS. I always make Nate sit there and feel her too, but after about 15 kicks every night, I think he gets bored with it.... Can't really blame him, cuz it's SUCH a different feeling when you can feel it inside AND outside. I love how she's already alive with personality, and she's already my 2nd child. I don't feel like I have to wait until she arrives in person to start a relationship with her. I can be in a bad mood or just plain exhausted and ready to cry....but the moment I feel her, I am immediately happy, I can't help it!
Sometimes I already feel like I am hanging out with both of my kids. Yesterday I took Cameron to the toy store again to play with the trains (he once again played nonstop for an hour....we got him a great train set just like it for CHEAP on Ebay....should be coming any day!!). Anyway, I sat there watching Cam have the time of his life, and Baby started having her own party, and I just smiled knowing that both my kids were safe and happy and content.....(that is until I had to drag Cameron screaming out of the store....then I only had 1 happy baby for a few minutes! haha!)
I am learning that you don't have to divide your love amongst your children, and your love doesn't stretch thinner with the more children you have.....I have realized that you just are capable of suddenly developing MORE love. I don't have to divide my love between Cameron and this baby....I will keep loving Cameron as much as I do right now....AND I will have more than enough love to give to her! That's SOOOO awesome!! How much love must our Heavenly Father have in Him at all times?? Wow!!
Well, I'm off to bed. I've been going to bed early lately and soaking up every luxurious hour of sleep I can get between now and January!!

3 comments:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Enjoy the sleep until about November or December. Then you'll be too uncomfortable to sleep! At least that's how it worked for me.

DeAnn said...

Appreciate the time while Baby is inside and easy to take care of!!

The Klock Family said...

When I was pregnant with Chloe my mom told me that each time you have a baby your loved is multiplied (as opposed to reduced). So true! It almost feels like more love (if that's even possible), because watching your children interact with each other is amazing.