Today I organized the kids' closet and dresser. It's really exciting (and a little weird, still) to see dresses and pink onesies next to Cam's boy clothes! I got everything organized by size. Most of what Harmony gave me are 3-9 month sizes, so I will still need to get a few basics for the first few weeks.
Last night while we were singing songs before bed, I asked Cam if he wants to be a big brother. He looked right at me and said "No....No big brother!" It was funny.
Sometimes during the day, I turn on TLC and watch "Bringing Home Baby." It basically is a show documenting families during the first 36 hours of being home with their new baby. Sometimes I watch it and get excited, other days I watch it and remember how hard it was! My emotions about having this baby seem to change every other minute.
Today I was looking at the scrapbook I made for Cam during his first year of life. I can't stand scrapbooking, but I'm so grateful I took the time to make his. I'm going to force myself to make her one too. I wish I could keep going past the first year, but I just can't commit to that!! I love his book because each month, I wrote a journal entry from Cam's point of view. I wrote about what he liked to eat, his favorite toys, activities, and anything exciting we had done that month. I wrote his sleep habits and any little "Cameron-isms" he had. There are little things I NEVER would remember now. I also wrote a list when he was 11 months old of 50 random things I loved about him. SO much fun to read now!!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Thinking Pink!
Posted by Becca Jane at 6:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
There's no law that says because you're Mormon you have to scrapbook! If you really feel like it was worth making Cam's book then commit to making a first year book for her too. Do it the exact same way and then you don't have to "reinvent the wheel." By the way, I modified your idea for Gwen's scrapbook. I don't write monthly from her point of view. I write a letter to her monthly about what has happened that month. Thanks for the idea.
You're such a good mom!
Post a Comment