Sunday, June 8, 2008

Morning Sickness

So the big question right now is how is my morning sickness? With Cameron, it started way early. Probably around 4 weeks or so. Nausea is the reason I took a pregnancy test!! But with this pregnancy, it didn't kick in until about a week ago. I thought I was going to get by without any nausea because I was feeling SO great for the first few weeks after the test. Unfortunately I'm not that lucky, and it has settled in to stay for awhile! But it really isn't "morning" sickness. It hits me about 5 pm every evening and lasts until I go to bed. Not too bad. I've been taking Unisom and Vit B6, which I think is helping me sleep better. I feel like the nausea is stronger than with Cam's pregnancy also. With him, I was working full-time, and I don't remember having to miss more than a day or 2 of work. With this baby, the nausea seems to be a lot more overwhelming. Maybe it's also due to the fact that I'm exhausted anyway from chasing Cameron and babysitting all day? My nausea with Cam stopped RIGHT at 12 weeks, so I'm really hoping this one does the same.

2 comments:

Let the party begin... said...

Did you try drinking some peppermint tea or ginger tea for the nausea? I hope this stage of sickness passes after the first trimester so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

DeAnn said...

I took ginger with Natalie--I don't remember if it actually helped or not! I remember drinking ginger ale with Isaac. So yeah, ginger is good. I posted a bunch of pictures on my blog. Go check it out!