Just go with me on this.......
Okay, so Nate's little sis, Mallory, told me about this Chinese Gender Prediction chart. I had never heard of it before, but I was checking it out a few days ago. I was testing everyone I could think of and it was ALWAYS RIGHT!!!!! So I want you guys to test it out with your kids, your friend's kids, your sister's kids, etc. You just have to put in the age of the mom at conception, and the month of conception. Let me know how accurate it is for you guys.
http://www.fortunebaby.com/chinesegenderpredictionchart.html
I'm NOT one to believe in stuff like this, but like I said, it was pretty darn accurate!!! So weird!! So according to this, I'm having a BOY!!!! So test it out and let me know!!! I'm curious!!! Thanks!!!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
I'm Curious......
Posted by Becca Jane at 7:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
does the year of conception have anything to do with it? because it was consistently opposite for me when i typed in my age and month for my 3 existing kids.
It goes by the month that you conceive (so two weeks after your last period approx)and mothers age at conception and it worked both times with me!
It worked for three of mine, but was wrong for Daniel. In fact the year I concieved him the only time it said I could have concieved a boy was in January and I got pregnant in April.
Well, I think it's total bunk then because I did the timing right and it was wrong all 3 times. I saw a baby show on the Discovery Health channel about different tricks and old wives' tales to figure out what you're having. The general message was that it's fun to try but nothing, not even ultrasound, is 100% accurate. Amniocentesis and birth are the only thing you can count on being right!!!
Tristan, I don't believe in wives tales either....heart rates, how you are carrying, girls "taking" your beauty, etc etc. It's a 50/50 chance!! I just thought it would be fun to see accurate it was for all of you guys!
I've heard of ultrasounds not being right! I know some people who were told girl, only to find out when they delivered that it was really a boy!
I'm tired of people telling me "I hope you have a girl"....like they assume that I will be upset if I have 2 boys. That's sort of rude, if you ask me! I just want a healthy baby! And actually, I'm sort of hoping for a boy!!! Little Chase Henry!!! Nate REALLY wants a girl though, so I have to keep telling him that this isn't our last baby, so not to worry about it right now!!!
Thanks for all your input guys, this is fun!
That's how I felt when I was pregnant with Natalie and people would ask if it was my first and when I said 4th they would say "Wow, so you're done after this right?" Like it would matter to them if I wasn't.
Sorry, I should clarify that last comment. I don't mind when people ask me if I'm having more or how many kids I want, I just don't like the phrase "you're done, right?" It just seems so rude to me.
Sorry to keep commenting! But I agree that some people are pretty rude about other people's family planning. 3 was the magic number for me but let me tell you, the month we lived in San Francisco I felt like the big, fat, Mormon lady walking around with my 2 kids and I would think, "And we want one more???" I was even more embarrassed when I found out I was pregnant that whole time without realizing it. Yes, I got pregnant on spermicide. (I know it's not the most effective form of birth control but we were only waiting one more month before trying) My unplanned pregnancy made me feel like some irresponsible teenager! At least there was an excuse for my weight gain!
When people see my kids they say something to the effect of, "You finally got your girl after 2 boys!" Like that was the only reason to continue having children. A friend of mine had a boy and a girl when she was pregnant with her third child, a boy. She had moved to California while pregnant and people would say, "You have the American dream, a boy and girl. Why are you having another?"
Becca, thanks for giving all of us an outlet for baby stories on your blog!!!
Bethany, don't worry, I knew what you meant! I think it's sad that having a big family has become the "weird" thing to do in our society. It seems like having 1 or 2 kids is becoming the norm now, which is fine, but I think having a bigger family is worth the hard work. I think having several siblings to grow up with makes life a lot more fun!!
Tristan, Keep the comments coming....this is SO fun! I love everybody's opinions. And we all have our right to our own opinions. It's funny, living in Utah, you get the OPPOSITE pressure....Cam was 6 months old and people kept asking me when I was going to get pregnant again!! I can't wait to get out of here....haha!!
Natalie was supposed to be a boy, Megan is right, Karen was supposed to be a boy and Isaac was supposed to be a girl. Of course, I'm remembering way back when so I may have had some months and ages wrong. Fun stuff though!
Tristan, I felt the same way when I got pregnant very unexpectedly with Natalie. I would go to the store with my three kids and people would look at Joshua who was very much still a baby, and then at me and I was very pregnant and ask "are all these kids yours?" I finally got to the point where I started saying "yes, and I'm so excited to have another one" I had the occasional wonderful person tell me they had 4-5 kids and some really close in age and it always made my day because they said they loved it and wouldn't have it any other way. People still gasp when I tell them Natalie and Joshua are 15 months apart. Which is close, but I think it's funny to watch people react when I tell them.
Yeah, people were shocked that I was having a planned 4th child!
I didn't try the chinese thing because I'm lucky I remember my kids' birthdays. I do want to mention that having six children has caused a lot of raised eyebrows. For the most part, the comments have been positive with a lot of, "God bless you", thrown in. I don't know if that's the Canadian way of being nice and polite although I'm sure people say that in other countries as well. I'll muddle my way through the prediction thing and see what I come up with.
I've actually had kind of the opposite problem from some others. When I've told some LDS friends that we might be done with 2, I've got small looks and comments implying that we SHOULD have more if we're good people and if we can afford it financially. It's such a personal choice for everyone!
This month in the magazine I did an article about big families, and it was so fun to talk to parents and kids from big families about the great perks of having lots of kids and siblings around. And I'm certainly glad I've got so many of my own siblings with whom I'm such great friends now.
So, who knows? Maybe we'll have a few more, maybe we're done. . . . Until one of us gets sterilized you never can tell!
BTW, that website was right for Maddie, wrong for Chloe. Dang, Wooster, your blog is too fun - I'm spending way too much time on it :) Keep up the great diversion from our everyday lives!
Post a Comment