Sunday, June 22, 2008

Am I 14 Again?

I didn't have this problem with Cameron, and maybe it isn't pregnancy-related, but I am totally breaking out all over my face. I haven't had acne in YEARS. Atleast 10 years. I rarely wash my face, it's a bad habit of mine. I'm too lazy. But I don't wear make-up either. I probably should.....but I don't. I do like a tad of eyeshadow and some mascara and lip gloss, but that's it. I NEVER wear foundation, blush, powder, eyeliner, lipstick. etc. I'm just not a girly girl. Sometimes I wish I was..... Last night I was hanging out with some friends and they were asking me if I get uncomfortable wearing high heels. I said, "No, because I don't own any." They were shocked. Why is that shocking? Anyway, hopefully the acne isn't going to be a permanent new issue.

6 comments:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Some women break out when they are pregnant. Some women who usually have trouble with acne will magically have clear skin when they are pregnant. I bet it's a symptom of this pregnancy.

Don't worry about not being girly. You are who you are. You don't need to impress anyone. I'm so girly it's ridiculous but I don't act that way for anyone but myself.

Becca Jane said...

Oh trust me, I don't worry about not being girly. Nate says he likes that I am not high-maintenance and not into myself in that way. Tristan, it's funny that you say you are girly because you don't come across as girly....atleast not in an annoying way like some girls do!!

Becca Jane said...

Let me clarify: I'm not trying to say that if you wear makeup and actually spend more than 2 minutes on your hair (unlike me) that I think you are high-maintenance and girly. I honestly wish I cared more about what I look like each day! But I just mean that I'm NOT one of those girls who has to get all dolled up just to run to the store, and I'm glad I didn't have to cake on makeup to impress my guy!

Bethany said...

When we switched McKenzie we used to lie down with her. We did that for a few weeks and then we sat next to her bed and every couple of weeks we would inch closer to the door. Then we sat outside the door and told her to get back into bed every time she got out. It was a very long process. With Daniel I didn't have that much patience because he was so active, so I just closed the door and when I went to bed I would have to pick him up off the floor and put him back in bed. Joshua actually put himself back to bed when he would get tired, but now I don't have to deal with it because he's back in the crib.

Jenn said...

I don't own heels either--I don't think I ever have. Definitely not my thing!
I have my morning routine anywhere from 10 to 40 minutes (including time for a shower) just depending on what I'm doing and how much time I have to get ready... as well as if I'm taking kids with me.

Let the party begin... said...

I have to say that if I went by anything my husband say, I was a hot tamale when I was pregnant with my first 4. The last two, however, was a lost cause. I became so huge, I looked like someone poked a hole in me and blew me up. I also had a lot of boils on my face, not acne, that was very painful to the touch. All in all, I was very happy to see the end of my pregnancy era. As for heels, I saw the last of those after my 1st pregnancy and is just starting to get the hang of walking in them again after an 18yr absence. Give me my flip flops any day.