Monday, June 23, 2008

Just some Baby Babble!!

I know I write a lot on this blog, but I'm just home ALL DAY with the kids. Blogging keeps me sane! The 2nd Summer Semester just started, so Nate is even busier than before. We knew this summer would be rough on him, but he wants to get through as many classes as he can. Plus I told him he has to take a lighter class load for the Winter 2009 semester so he can be around a little more with the new baby. I just hope he doesn't miss the delivery. That's the only tough part about delivering in Provo. More on that later.
Anyway, so I put up a new poll about how many kids you guys want (or have, if you're done). Nate and I want 4 kids. We'll have the 2 kids now, and then we'll wait 4 or 5 years until Nate is through school, we have a job, we have a house and enough money to buy a bigger car. Then we'll have 2 more. I've always wanted 2 boys first and then 2 girls. I'm really glad Cameron was a boy. I like the thought of the oldest sibling being a protective big brother.
Yesterday I met with our Stake Primary President. She has a 5 yr old, 3 yr old, 18 month old, and she's due in 2 weeks with her 4th. Wow, that's so impressive! I could never! But Nate and I both feel that there are more than Cam and this baby in heaven waiting to come to us. I will feel relieved after this baby comes though because then I can relax for 4 or 5 years before I have to do this again! I am only 27. I don't want to be done having kids already. And with Nate being 2 years younger than me, I don't want to have an empty house too soon!!!
When I think of how many kids I want, I picture Christmas Morning. There are 5 kids in my family, and Christmas mornings were always SO fun. I know that the infant/toddlers years are tough, but I try to think forward to the future of family trips and holidays together.
So anyway, I'd love all of your opinions/thoughts on all of this. It's fun to hear what different couples are planning. Everyone is different, and the Lord has different plans for each family. I'm just very grateful for the Spirit and the fact that the Lord can truly communicate to us as parents. Nate and I both felt SO ready for this 2nd baby. I almost felt more inspiration to have this baby than I did with Cameron! With Cameron, I just knew it was time for me to be a mom. I had done the school thing, the mission thing, the working thing....it was time for me to take that next step. I'm glad the Lord knows each of us individually and guides our lives, as long as we let Him!!!

9 comments:

Let the party begin... said...

Sorry I've been such a stranger lately. I've been trying to adjust to being home with the family after my 3 week hiatus in Miami. Anyway, as you probably already know, growing up I didn't want to have any children and then when I met my husband I only wanted 4. However, 6 seems to have been the lucky number and here we are. Christmas mornings are crazy in our household, especially the last 2. Our oldest daughter, Tiffani usually brings home 1 or 2 students who have no where to go during Christmas so I have learned to have extra gifts on hand. Having such a big family has had its challenges as well as wonderful moments, something I have no doubt that you'll experience one day with your own.

Bethany said...

When I was pregnant with Joshua (#3) I was so certain I was done. I have very rough pregnancies and his was no exception. However, I decided that before we made anything permanent I had to pray about it. To make a long story short I eventually had an experience in the temple that let me know that we had two more babies waiting to come to our home. It took me about a month to come to terms with this, and a month after that I discovered I was pregnant. I was very at peace with it even though Joshua was only 7 months old, and I know that in a couple of years I will be ready for the next one. The Lord does know what we can handle. I never thought I would have kids 15 months apart, but I did and I wouldn't have it any other way even though it's very hard sometimes.

Anonymous said...

we only want two kids, so we'll be done. if I do ever have a third i'd like to adopt. i don't think my body could handle another one very well. oh and i broke out this pregnancy too...it's terrible and I hate it but it is starting to get better now (knock on wood!)

The Piquant Storyteller said...

We are all done!!! Hallelujah! The baby making machine is permanently shut down and we couldn't be happier about it. I almost quit after 2 but I knew there was 1 more baby. So now we have our 2 boys and 1 girl. Our ideal family. Some days we can't believe we got exactly what we wanted but here we are!

Jenn said...

We want 3-4. I have a hard time with odd numbers though--we'll see.
Growing up I always wanted a big family... 6...7... but now--not a chance!!!!!! We are on the same page as you... 2 now and in a few years (probably 3ish) we'll go for probably 2 more. That way Cameron will be 5 and Carsen will be 3 1/2. Maybe I'll be ready for more! :)

p.s. I can not wait until Saturday! Yay!

Becca Jane said...

Jenn, I have a hard time with odd numbers too! I am the 5th child, and there were never even couples for games and stuff. 3 kids doesn't sound like enough, and 5 sounds like way too many!

The Oswald's said...

Thought I'd add to your topic also!
I always wanted a big family, but I was thinking five. I had a small family growing up, mom, sister and me, every once in a while an aunt or uncle would pop in, but it was almost always just us and friends. I thought we were done after the older four, but when I was 28/29 I started thinking I wasn't done, I wanted one more, so we had one more, but then he needed a sibling to play with, cause the older four were much older, so we had another, and then #7 we had been talking about another but I wasn't really up to it....surprise! we had another. I am done but the hubby wouldn't mind another one, but I just get way to sick to want to do it again! Plus I am getting way to old to do this forever.

I actually have more siblings know, but they are the same age as my older kids, so I have a much different relationship with them, It doesn't feel like siblings sometimes, it feels more like a mom/aunt role.

We have a great boy/girl pattern all the way down, I would hate to have that messed up with number 8 :).

Michelle said...

I noticed that most people on your poll want 4 kids. That is what I voted for too. I really want 2 boys and 2 girls. I used to want 6 but I now that I have two 2 I don't think I can handle more than 4.

DeAnn said...

I like 4 for now--3 girls, then my sweet little boy. I think we're done.