So we think Cameron is successfully off of his night-time cup of milk! It wasn't a big deal to us, I know some mom's are all weird about their kids drinking milk in bed and their teeth rotting. We didn't care about that, we probably should have! We'd always brush his teeth, but then he'd have atleast 1 or 2 cups of milk before falling asleep. I just didn't even think about it.
But for some RANDOM reason, 3 nights ago, I decided to only give him water after we brushed his teeth. We gave him a nice big cup of milk during his book time and while we tucked him in, then we brushed his teeth, said prayers, and told him he could have water. It worked! And 3 nights later he is still off his milk at night. Yay!! So we're at no binkies during the day and no milk at night....progress!! I am learning that as a mother, I am afraid of change....if something is working well, I get really nervous to change it, even if it's in the best interest of Cameron! BUT I am also learning not to be too hard on myself!! I think mom's feel SO much pressure to parent the same way their friends or family do, but every parent and child combination is different, and I think we are all trying our best!! I don't think there is one right way to do things....especially when it comes to routines, bedtimes, binkies, bottles, soothing, discipline, etc etc etc.
I also have to give a HUGE shout-out to my sweet friend Tristan. The flannel blanket she made for Allie came today, and I LOVE IT!! She made Cam's alphabet blanket that he is in love with, and now Allie will have a "Tristan blanket" too! I love how durable these flannel blankets are....they can get dragged around, stepped on, spilled on, etc, and they just last and last. This way I can keep the kids' "great-great grandma quilts" from being destroyed!! Thanks Tristan, love and miss ya!!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Another success....
Posted by Becca Jane at 2:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay! You got it! I wanted it to be a surprise so I didn't tell you it was on the way. I'm glad you like it.
And thanks for the swaddler and the bibs too!!! I will call you tomorrow!!
Post a Comment