Friday, December 26, 2008

Miss Lists

It's Friday night. The weather outside is frightful. Our temple square lights outing got cancelled. Nate and Cam are playing trains. I'm gonna blog.

What I WILL miss about being pregnant:
1. My belly. Even though it's heavy, I love my prego belly!
2. My maternity clothes. Most of them anyway....
3. Feeling the baby move....BEST part of being pregnant!
4. Strangers and random people being overly nice to me. The baggers at my grocery store never offered to take my cart out to my car for me before I started showing!
5. Nate doing all of the laundry and trash take-out for me!
6. Looking at tiny baby clothes at the store and getting the nursery ready.
7. Looking forward to OB appts to hear the heartbeat and see ultrasounds.
8. Having a HUGE appetite and indulging at every meal.
9. The "pregnancy waddle". I used to think women faked that, but we really do walk like that at the end anyway!!
10. Thinking about, talking about and picking out baby names.

What I WILL NOT miss about being prenant:
1. My belly. It's heavy and I keep bumping into everything! (yes I love and hate it!)
2. Atleast one part of my body being in pain all the time (usually my back)
3. Not being able to sleep on my stomach.
4. Not being able to wear my cute, normal, "skinny" clothes.
5. Bawling over EVERYTHING and being overly emotional.
6. Not being able to put my own socks on and shave my ankles.
7. Not being able to get in and out of my car or my bed without feeling like I just ran a mile.
8. Wondering and worrying if my baby is safe and normal and cute!
9. Wondering if I will go into labor during a snowstorm or while Nate is stuck in class and him missing it.
10. Not having ANY energy to play with Cameron and keep up on my daily tasks.

Since Nate is around to help out, I have started doing all of Allie's laundry. I almost started crying as I looked through all of her sweet blankets and onesies. I'm such a nerd! I just still can't believe I'm really having a little GIRL sometimes! I really really can't wait to meet her!

2 comments:

Let the party begin... said...

You are a very sweet, prego nerd! I love your lists and I'll miss your baby babbling.

DeAnn said...

She'll be cute--don't worry!! I love being pregnant too so I can relate to your list.