Wednesday, December 17, 2008

35 1/2 Weeks!!

Can someone tell me where my pregnancy has gone?? I cannot believe I am almost 36 weeks! I had an OB appt today. As of today, I've gained 31 pounds, which is the exact amount I gained with Cameron's whole pregnancy. We'll see if I hit 40!! Lots of yummy Holiday parties coming up to feast at, haha!! I got to hear her heartbeat, it was nice and strong.

Today on my way out of the doctor's office, I was about 10 steps behind 2 pregnant women who had been seen right before and after me. As soon as they left the building, they both lit cigarettes. It broke my heart that they would put their babies at risk like that. I don't think it's fair that innocent babies who can't make choices about their environment are forced to be subjected to things that can harm them. Why are Cameron and Allison so lucky and blessed to be born into a loving family who want nothing more than their safety and happiness.....and yet millions and millions of babies are born into situations where they are NOT safe and loved and sheltered? One of those 'impossible-to-answer questions' I guess!!

2 comments:

Erica said...

I agree, it is sad. There are so many people out there that can't have kids and would love to and I just wish that more people would be open to adoption and give their unplanned unwanted babies a chance for a better life, I mean why not?

Anonymous said...

I've seen that quite a few times...it's a terrible thing because like you said that poor child can't defend itself. It is a form of child abuse in my opinion.