Saturday, October 25, 2008

28 Weeks

I am 28 weeks pregnant now. I was born at 28 weeks, so this is probably what my baby looks like!!


Holding Mom's finger in my incubator.

Check out how HUGE the preemie diaper looks on me! Crazy.... I weighed 2 lb 7 oz. Doctors told my family at the beginning that I had about a 50/50 chance of survival. Apparently Heavenly Father wanted me here, and every day I am grateful that I have been so healthy and "normal"...(my family likes to joke that I never fully developed mentally, haha!).

Getting plumper.... I was in the hospital for 9 weeks and got to go home on Mother's Day!!

10 comments:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

That's amazing.

The Frasers said...

So tiny!! You are one blessed lady :)

Catherine Faux said...

I'm so glad that you lived! I cry every time I hear about a baby or child getting hurt or dying. Who would have thought that little premature baby would turn out to be so cool! Oh ps that pumpkin patch place is in Santaquin (southridge farms) but there is a place in orem that is supposed to be cool too. Pumpkinland I think.

DeAnn said...

I'm glad you lived and I don't remember saying you weren't fully developed mentally! Just teasing you about buttering pancakes and BORIS!

Jenn said...

Amazing! You sure are blessed!

Let the party begin... said...

That's so incredible Becca..what a story of survival to share with Cameron and baby Allie!

Allison said...

I think I had an appointment with your dad around 28 or 29 weeks. He told me that you were born at 28 weeks and I had made it past that point. I couldn't believe it. I knew you were born early but not that early. But that's crazy to look at those pictures and know that is what Allie looks like right now.
If you still are looking for middle names Allison Michelle always worked for me :)

The Klock Family said...

You are such a miracle, Bec! Brings back memories of Adam.

Michelle said...

Wow. My dad was born tiny like that too. They let him go home and the doctor kept telling his mom "bring him back in a week if he is still alive". That happened every week for the first year of his life. That was a long time ago though it brings peace of mind that doctors can do more now days. Life is such a blessing. I like the idea of Allison Michelle but maybe I am biased. Love you guys...

Erica said...

Wow that is an amazing story! I'd bet that your baby is even smaller than that though by the way you look, your tiny.