Last night, Nate and I were talking more about boy names. Sounds pointless, I know, but it was fun. We both want #3 to be a boy, and for some random reason, we got on the subject of baby boy names. Anyway, we mostly joked about some pretty awful names, but I've decided that I REALLY like the name Jamison. Isn't it cute? (you don't have to agree with me) Jamison Wood! I love it.
Anyway, I was looking at some baby girl names online the other day. I'm still not totally set on Jane for a middle name because I REALLY like it for a first name. So I'm tempted to keep it around for a first name if we have more girls. Jane Wood is sort of plain-sounding, but she won't have that last name forever, and I just think it's so cute! Anyway, I haven't really found any good names that sound nice with Allison. I'd like to stick to a family name (Jane is my middle name, and my great-aunt's name), but if you have any other suggestions that sound good with Allison Wood, let me know!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
More on Baby Names
Posted by Becca Jane at 3:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
3 Gavin W's will be at the same birthday party!!! I give up on names!
Are you pretty set on having a Jane and an Allison? Because you could name your baby Jane Allison and call her Alli. What other family names do you like? You could have Allison's middle name be after someone else in your family.
Jane Allison is cute, but I like Allie and Jane for 2 different kids so I can use both. We'll see though! Plus, Nate has always gone by his middle name and it has been sort of pain for him. When we bought (& sold) our house, we had to sign all the documents proving that he was both Nathan Wood AND Gary Wood because half of his documents/accounts/etc were under Gary and half were under Nathan. So we don't want any of our kids to go by their middle names.
Good point. My dad had the same issue. Some people knew him by his first name and some by his middle name. A few people realized he was both. He was named after his dad but had a different middle name.
Allison Marie is cute, or maybe Allison Kate. I babysat a little girl when I was a teenager named Allison Elizabeth which I've always loved.
I didn't know your last name was wood:) That is such a good last name. It sounds normal, but strong and cool, not weird. Allison goes really well with it too. I don't know if this really helps, but what about Sofia? I love that name. She could be Allison Sofia Wood...? or not, just an idea.
Allison Beth?
Jamison Wood does sound good as for the middle name for Allison I would stick with a name that you would like for a first name as well, I think it is always a good idea to give your kids two cute names that way if they decide they really don't like the one they can go by the other, something like that would have really worked out for my brother, his name is Brook and he hates it because it seems to have turned into a girl name and his other option is my great-granpa's name which just sounds like that, a great grandpas name.
I love Allison Elizabeth. It's kind of long though... but I think it's sounds elegant! I think Allison Rebecca Wood is cute too!
Post a Comment