First of all, I just want to whine about the fact that I'm starting to break out really bad.....I feel 15 again!! (well, except for the minor detail that I'm pregnant....that doesn't make me feel 15, just the bad acne!!!!!)
Anyway, I've been saving up my Huggies coupons I get in the mail or from people, and I'm starting to stock up on diapers. It's not fun, but it must be done!!!! I've been putting about $160/month of my Abby money into savings each month. But I think for the next 2-3 months, I will just use that money to buy diapers each week. I bought 2 boxes in Cam's size and 2 packs in newborn size on Saturday. I think I will be glad when January rolls around, and I won't have to buy diapers for a few months! My SWEET friend, Merilee, is also planning an "essentials-only" baby shower for me in December. I have the bestest friends in the world!!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Diaper Mania
Posted by Becca Jane at 9:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
great idea for a baby shower. My advice is to not go too crazy buying newborn size diapers. Stock up on size 1-2 though. Parker was 6 lbs. 8 oz. when he was born (my smallest baby) and he was too big for newborn diapers a week or two after he was born.
Yeah, Cam was 8 lb 5 oz and he only wore newborn for about a week as well. Don't worry, I remember how quick they grow out of them! I will mostly get sizes 1-2.
I'm also actually getting Pampers Swaddlers. I have a TON of Pampers coupons. I don't like Pampers normally, but I do like their Swaddlers.
I LOVE Swaddlers. My babies use Pampers until they grow out of the Swaddler sizes and then we switch to Huggies.
Got to love stocking up on the diapers. I didn't have to buy any for atleast the first year with Georgia. I haven't started yet for the next baby.......probably in the New Year......Huggies must be made different in the states as I swear by Pampers and would only get the Huggies if desperate. I found that they always leaked and would leave jelly balls on my kids once they got a little wet. Wish I could come for the baby shower. I'm sure it will be fun!!!!
Bethany, I agree, I'm going to use Swaddlers up until she grows out of them. I didn't use them with Cam, but I've done enough babysitting to know that I really like them for newborns now!
Kathy, that's weird about the Huggies. The main reason I've always used them is because Cameron always gets a nasty diaper rash with any other brand I've tried on him. I WISH you could come to my shower...there will be lots of food and games! Oh well!
Post a Comment