Friday, October 17, 2008

Some 27-week Babble

My belly has finally reached the point where I can use it to my advantage!! I love being able to set my cereal or drink or the remote or just whatever on my belly if I'm sitting down! HAHA, it's fun! The best was at the movie with Nate the other night. My popcorn sat nicely on my belly! My lap is too far away now!! Haha, I'm a nerd.

So good news, my Braxton Hicks and my horribly achy hips have eased way up. I have been sleeping with pillows between my legs, and that has helped. Allie has really grown a lot too, and so I think my body was just adjusting to that. I still have a hard time standing up if I'm on the floor (which is quite often having to change both Cam and Abby's diapers), and I'm always out of breath. I feel like I'm always breathing really loud like I just ran sprints up the stairs or something....even if all I did was walk across the room!! I think this is where working out during pregnancy helps!! Oh well!! Although I've decided that I'm really excited to be due in January because by the time March-ish rolls around, I should be ready to start running again. I want to get back in good shape and run all next summer. Although do any of you know if it's true that your milk can dry up if you exercise a lot? I've heard that, but I'm not sure if it's true. Let me know!! I'd rather nurse my baby than exercise if that's the case though!!

Cameron has been throwing the WORST tantrums lately! So unlike him!! It's not very fun. I usually let him thrash around on the floor and calm down before I try to talk to him. The joys of a 2 yr old!! Good thing he's SO stinkin' cute!!!

3 comments:

Catherine Faux said...

Wait. You don't have two kids already right? Who's Abby?

Anonymous said...

It can dry up due to exercising but that's only if you don't increase your water intake. When you're nursing you obviously need to drink more water but if you're running you need to double water intake on top of it. That's why people often dry up, they don't doubley increase their water.

Bethany said...

Ditto to drinking more water if you're exercising or it will dry up. Talk to a lactation consultant to see how much extra water you should drink.