Monday, October 20, 2008

Some much-needed pampering

Lately I have been feeling so lazy about my appearance. It's just SO hard to spend the time and energy to get all ready when I just sit home changing diapers and picking up toys all day. Nate is an amazing husband and has NEVER ONCE made me feel like he wishes I spent more time on myself, but like Dr. Laura says, why is it that when you are dating, you spend so much energy getting dolled up, and then once you're married, you just let it go? Anyway, so this past week while I had my Nate around to help watch Cam, I went out and bought a bunch of new cute maternity clothes. I swore I'd never spend money on maternity clothes cuz it seems like a waste, BUT I will admit that now that I feel like I have some cute stuff, I finally take the time to get ready every day, and overall it makes me feel SOOO much better. Even if I have nowhere to go, which is usually the case, it's nice to see myself in the mirror in something other than pj pants and a t-shirt! I also splurged a TON and went and got my hair cut and highlighted. I LOVE IT! I probably won't be able to afford that again for awhile, but it was really worth it!

6 comments:

Bethany said...

I always buy myself one or two new outfits (or more :)) every pregnancy to make me look forward to getting dressed. However, even now I will admit that if I don't have plans to go out or have anyone over I usually don't do my makeup and hair. I need to get my hair cut short again because when it's short I have to do it, and when I do my hair I might as well do my makeup while I'm at it!

Becca Jane said...

I don't know how to do makeup. I look like a clown if I try, so I just usually do mascara and lip gloss and call it good!!!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

I think it's important to feel good about the way you look whether that means hair and makeup or not. Especially when you're pregnant. I loved having cute maternity clothes because no matter what at least my clothes were cute! But I'm as vain as they come so take my opinion for what it's worth - free.

The Bing's said...

I definitely think it is important to pamper yourself sometimes... you always have to make sure you feel good about yourself... I want to see pictures... so take some when your wearing the new stuff!!!! I bet it will all look so cute!!!

Let the party begin... said...

I think having new clothes while you're carrying a baby is a great way to make you feel like a new woman. I always loved when I got to buy a new outfit. There are so many cute stuff out there for pregnant women that sometimes I'm tempted to buy a couple of outfits, lol.

The Frasers said...

LUCKY! I need a hair cut SO bad! It sounds like it was a lot of fun!! Yay for you!!