Monday, June 29, 2009

I'll warn you right now, this post might make some of you SQUIRM!!!!!! Read at your own risk!!

SO.....tonight I finally brought myself to take a little taste of my own breastmilk! HA!! I nursed Cameron for 16 months and always wanted to try it. But I was too scared! Allie is 5 1/2 months, so I have nursed for almost 22 months....weird. Anyway, I always wondered what it tasted like! Obviously it can't be nasty if babies are so eager to drink it, right??

Well....it wasn't bad!! It was actually good!! I can see now why Allie is always lunging at me!! Nate looked like he wanted to hurl when I tried it!! Maybe one day I'll replace our store-bought milk with mine...HA, wouldn't that be an evil trick!!!!!!!

Don't think less of me. It's not like I'm going to start pumping my own milk for my cereal each morning or anything!!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

I did hear something about PETA pushing for ice cream made from human milk rather than cows...maybe you're on to something!

Bethany said...

I tried mine once and was pleasantly surprised. It's pretty sweet. It made me feel extra guilty when I had to give my babies formula. That stuff's NASTY!!!

Becca Jane said...

Yeah, I've always wondered if formula tasted worse than breastmilk. I assume it does!!

Meghan Huntsman said...

I tasted mine for the first time the other day also. And then I tasted formula. Breastmilk is like candy compared to formula. No wonder Danielle won't drink it. Two thumbs up for breatmilk.