Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Can I just say......

I am very VERY grateful that breastfeeding Allie is going so well and she is growing and that I am able to nourish her in this way, but CAN I JUST SAY.......

I AM SO TIRED OF LEAKING LIKE A FAUCET!!!!!! I am sick of being soaked in milk all day and night, going through 2-3 boxes of nursing pads a week, smelling like old milk all the time, my poor daughter getting sprayed in the face and her clothes being drenched, I soak through towels and towels and am doing laundry constantly, my shirts and nursing bras are completely trashed already.....
It was the same way with Cameron, and I'm grateful to have so much milk, but SERIOUSLY!!!!!
Okay, thanks for letting me vent!!

5 comments:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

It gets better in a month or so.

Becca Jane said...

Sadly not for me, it doesn't!! I leaked like crazy the entire 16 months I nursed Cam. Lucky me!

Let the party begin... said...

I used to take the newborn diapers and cut them in two and use them for pads when I was at home. I used to leak like a fire hydrant. It wasn't always attractive but it worked!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Were you constantly leaking or was it worse when you nursed? I'm remembering now that I leaked the whole time I nursed Parker but after the first couple of months it was only when I nursed him and not as much otherwise. I still wore pads the whole time. When I nursed I would let both boobies out but put a folded up burp cloth under the unused one and the cloth was pretty well soaked by the time I switched sides. But I went through less pads that way. The joys of motherhood. At least Allie nurses well. Things can always be worse!

DeAnn said...

Ugh...I'm sorry (I don't know why I didn't see this post before now).