Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cradle Cap & Kid Spacing

Cradle Cap....need a remedy. Anyone??

Also, for those of you with kids close in age....pro & cons, please!! Thanks!!

7 comments:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Cradle cap - use conditioner after shampooing or find baby shampoo with conditioner.

Kid Spacing Pros
1. You do all the baby stuff at the same time like diapers, etc.
2. My kids are best friends and not surrogate parents to each other.
3. They can go to school together.
4. I remembered what to do with each succeeding pregnancy and baby. I didn't really have time to forget.

Cons
1. I have had a baby in diapers for the last 6 years without a break. I am not bothered by this though. In a couple more months I will potty train for the last time and never deal with diapers again.
2. I will have someone on a mission for 4 years without a break. My boys may not see each other between their missions since they are 2 years and 11 days apart.
3. Gwen will be in high school when she needs her brothers to scare off teenage boys. But she's smart. She'll be fine.
4. Isn't it a little late for you to be worrying about this?? :)

Erin said...

Aiden's pediatrician recommended T-Sal or Selsun Blue for Aiden's head and also just to scrub well with a wash cloth or something when washing. Kid spacing, well we'd like to have ours at least 18 months apart so that they are always in nursery before the next one comes (that way we only have one kid in class with us) but apparently Heavenly Father wants us to have them further apart...bummer. Are you thinking of getting preggo again soon?

DeAnn said...

Scrape her head with a comb.

Becca Jane said...

DeAnn, you're funny!

Erin, yeah, I just can't get the idea of another baby off my mind. Like you said, in the end, it all comes down to the Lord's will, so we'll see what He has in store for us!!

Meghan Huntsman said...

I massaged Danielle's head with Vaseline. It was greasy for about a day and a half, but I haven't seen any cradle cap since!

Bethany said...

Cradle cap: Take some olive oil or baby oil and soak the areas with it. After about 10 minutes take a comb or soft baby brush and softly massage or comb it out. You might have to do it a couple of times, but it works really well and it won't sting if it gets in their eyes.

Pros in babies close together: Natalie and Josh are best friends. THey are inseperable. Natalie is learning things like talking faster than my older kids. I felt like a pro when I had Natalie because I had just gone through baby stuff with Josh. This might sound like a weird pro, but when one is gone I feel relief like I never have before.

Cons: They get into so much mischief together. I have to make sure that I have one-on-one time with each of them or they start getting really jealous. I breastfed for almost 2 years straight, which is the longest I've ever done. I've now had two kids in diapers for almost 2 years.

There are cons, but I also have two that are 3 1/2 years apart and there are cons about that too. And I actually loved having Natalie so soon after Josh was born. I knew from the time he was very little that I would have another baby before he was two. I didn't think they would be 15 months apart, but I put my trust in the Lord and I'm so glad I did. I think if you pray about it and go to the temple, you'll know what you're supposed to do. Hope this was helpful!

Kasie said...

I don't have babies, but I LOVED having my little sister just 16 months younger than me. We were one grade level apart and were best friends all through high school. It was so nice to never have to worry about who I would eat lunch with or if I would know anyone at a party - my best friend/sister was always there with me! Obviously not all siblings will get along so well, but I wouldn't trade it for the world and I plan on having my kids close in age, too!